Application of recycled materials(coffee grounds)

According to research, the world has consumed more than 2 billion cups of coffee every day, and Taiwan alone itself consumes about 600 million cups of takeaway coffee every year, which circulates the earth about 1.35 times.

Each cup of coffee only uses 0.2% of the coffee beans while the remaining 99.8% of coffee grounds are treated as garbage.Only about 5% of the world's coffee grounds are recycled. 

Coffee grounds are actually biological waste, producing a large amount of methane which is 32 times more harmful than carbon dioxide greenhouse gas.In order to resolve the issue, the first step is to extend the life cycle of coffee grounds. The idea of recycling coffee grounds into foam products for example (Yoga Brick)  is both environmentally friendly and practical while perpetuating its value.

Inline content